- On the role of journalism: facts vs. fake newsThe Fourth Estate, mostly referred to as ‘the press’, is the guardian of veritas and has a special obligation as such when compared to ‘bloggers’. Let’s discuss why it matters and why it has this in fact an extremely important role to fulfil.
- Should we believe the hype or take issue with it?Credit rating agency Standard and Poor's (S&P) has downgraded South Africa's rating to 'junk' status, as the country's currency continued to slide following a major cabinet reshuffle. Let's discuss the value and merits of being labeled 'junk'.
- Aren't we all foreigners, somewhere, somehow?I recently received the video attached to this article from one of my Youtube subscribers lists. It's a report by CTGN Africa news channel on protests in South Africa concerning tensions between citizens and foreign residents. Xenophobia: a global issue
- Art is a depiction of reality. Art is real. Art is NEVER an illusion.Everyone likes videos - nearly everyone. Heightened anticipation often greets the hint that the much-awaited video of some hip-hop single has dropped. This is the case with me.
- King Mavuthela interviews the legendary radio hostAn interview with legendary Bra Max ‘The Mixer Boy’ Mojapelo, an award winning radio personality, an author, researcher and music compiler of note. He is currently a host of a lunch hour radio show called ‘Disa fisha’ from 12h00 to 14h00, Mondays to Fridays at ThobelaFM (SABC).